Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my cabrio dryer lights up when you hit power, when you hit

my cabrio dryer lights up when you hit power, when you hit start the sensing light comes on and thats all
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Do you have a model number? Can you reach in and turn the drum by hand does it turn real easy like the belt may be broken? These have a belt switch and them and if the belt breaks the dryer will not start, is the belt still on?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
doesn"t appear to be the belt. model # XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay then you probably have a blown thermal fuse in this,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
if you don't have a voltmeter you will need to jump this out or bypass it and see if the dryer starts, it's part number seven on this diagram, do you have a voltmeter?

Register Here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do i jump it out, i have it out now
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, if you've are taken the thermal fuse out that's good, hope you unpluged the dryer I am sure you did, take the two wires that came off the thermal fuse and get some electrical tape and tape them together in effect bypasses thermal fuse, if the dryer starts you need to replace the thermal fuse, do not leave it taped together and run the dryer to do laundry, this is a safety fuse in if there's another issue with the dryer you could have a fire so just do this as a test and if it starts shut it off and then replace the thermal fuse, let me know if it starts, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that was it all i need is an actual part # XXXXX we will complete this. and thank you very much
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry , I should have given you the part number, it's part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand it runs around $15 sometimes less depends on where you get it, that's great you got it straightened away, good job thanks and well wishes, Bryan