Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Bosch Axxis WTA 3510 Electric Vented Dryer. Where

I have a Bosch Axxis WTA 3510 Electric Vented Dryer. Where is the reset button on it? The dryer runs but does not heat. It was serviced about 6 mos ago, found to be operating well. However, if there is a lint build up it cuts off the heat as a safety precaution. I have cleaned out all vents and the metal hose to the outside. It is now free of lint. However, I cannot remember where the last tech said to look for the reset to restore heat.
Can you help?
Thank you --Cindy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Okay you need to pull the dryer if the wall in the back there is a cover over the heating element remove the cover and you will see the red button on the thermostat, you can see it in this picture on the right side top,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
just push the little red button to reset it, hope this helps thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi. I do not have anything that looks like that on the back of the dryer.
There is a fuse box, but no reset button in it.
There is a raised stainless cover that is about 5 inches down from the top, centered, that is about as long as the dryer. It has screws, many of them. Is that where the heating element is? I am not an electrician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
I believe it is where the heating element element is in yours behind the panel, I can't seem to bring up the diagram for the machine I did find the heater. How many screws are on this panel?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There are 12 screws. They are not removed using a Philips head screw driver, rather a screwdriver that would turn a screw with a six part indentation -- it looks like a six pointed star.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Those are torx screws, you can get a cheap set at Lowe's are any hardware store for about $6-$8 there is no cover or panel on the bottom of the back of the dryer? I'm still trying to find diagram for your model though I can find is the parts no diagram, that is your heater though and that is the red button you need to push to reset, there are so many machines it's hard to say where your heating element is located, is or panel on the front or the side? It could be need to take all 12 screws out on that one though. Check for other panels just to be sure but they will probably have the torx screws also so you will probably need a set of those anyway, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately, removing the back panel did not work. Nor did removing the top. This is a front loading dryer so the control panel is on the front, facing front, flush with the top. The only other thing I can think of is to try to take that off to see if the reset button is there but I do not have the tools.
So, I guess I will have to wait for the repair man to show on Monday.
Thanks for the answers.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
sorry i couldnt do more,cant get the diagrams for some reason. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.