Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

how can i stop my amana afi2538aes from running continuously

how can i stop my amana afi2538aes from running continuously? if i unlock the control panel it dispenses either water or ice continuously.the compressor runs on and on.i replaced the circuit board on the front door , still runs when unlocked.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

It sounds like you're talking about two different things here, you say the compressor runs on and on and you say when the circuit board on the dispenser is unlocked it either keeps dispensing water or ice depending on which is pushed correct, that problem is going to be the switch (microswitch) on the dispenser yoke assembly. You can see the white microswitch on the right side, as far as the compressor goes this is a whole different issue they are not related, if you move the food in the freezer out and look at the back panel is there any Frost on it?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hey BRIANi will check on the ice and look at micro switch im in connecticut and we have an ice storm here today on top of about 2 and a half feet of snow so far this year. i"ll look and get back to you and dont worry if i can find the prob or fix it myself i will def take care of you thanks John
No problem John, I'm originally from Massachusetts so I know exactly what you're talking about with the snow, we didn't get quite as much usually on Cape Cod but we got our share and I lived inland most of my life up there, to get back to me when you get a chance, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
bryan i have not forgotten about you i just havnt had an opportunity to get to the fridge yet please bear with me thanks
sure no problem.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi Bryan i disconnected the micro switch and now i dont have to keep it locked but it seems like its still running very cold
very cold in the refrigerator section? to cold?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hey bryan the fridge is running good i guess theres nothing wrong w tstat so im just going to replace micro switch
okay great, glad to hear that, thanks Bryan