Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service

Whirlpool oven accubake 2yrs. old no power and upper oven

Customer Question

Whirlpool oven accubake 2yrs. old no power and upper oven locked
Category: Appliance
Expert:  replied 3 years ago.

Justin :

What is your model and serial number? Pull out the drawer to view tag. Is this gas or electric? If it is electric, does the cooktop work?

Justin :

Are you here now?

Customer :

This is a oven. Accubake cannot see the serial # XXXXX is locked

Justin :

Ok. Were you doing a self clean when this failed?

Customer :

Yes

Customer :

I think its the fuse but I cant get to it

Justin :

So, you have no display or anything?

Customer :

No display and I already turned breaker off then back on

Justin :

Ok, some of these models do have an inline fuse near the control board. Do you have the registration card that came w/ the appliance or did you send it in? If you have it, your model and serial will be on it.

Justin :

I can't tell you much without that info except that you'll have to get the door latch to open. Sometimes you can do this with a very thin and long screw driver. You can push in on the latch enough to release it.

Justin :

That's one downfall of a fail in self clean. Door stays locked lol.

Justin :

If you did send the card in, you can contact Whirlpool at 1(NNN) NNN-NNNNand they should have that info on file.

Justin :

Are you still here?

Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience: Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.

You hadn't replied in 8 minutes. Not sure if we got disconnected. Reply here when you've found that model and serial number so I can help you more efficiently.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mod#RBD275PRB02
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. Per the schematic diagram, it looks like the control thermal fuse is the most probable suspect. This runs between black L1 at the terminal block into the board at connection P24-3. The door will have to be opened so that you can remove the trim pieces on the sides to expose the console screws on the sides. You may have to pull the unit forward from the wall several inches as well. Once you get the console off, the terminal block will have three wires and is affixed to the top behind the console. Follow the black wire into P24-3 and you should find a fuse inline. They usually don't look like fuses though. It might be inside a plastic sleeve.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok let me take trim off right quick. Will be right back.
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.

The only issue is: The parts list does not list this fuse as a separate part. I know you can get it with the main harness, but it's not coming up as a part you can get on its own.

I'm not telling you to cut the fuse out and splice the wires, but that would get you back up and running. The main harness costs $106.00

Make sure your electric is off, then check for continuity from L1 at your terminal block (black) and P24-3. It SHOULD read as a closed circuit. If not, you've found your issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Oven is slid out now what?
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.
You need to remove the screws on the side of the control panel to get to the wiring behind it. I was specific as to where to test in my previous posts. You need to test L1 from the terminal block (black) to terminal P24-3 at the control for continuity. The fuse is in line with that wire.