Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

model # 110085942401 dryer ran for 1 load and then would not

Customer Question

model # XXXXX
dryer ran for 1 load and then would not start for second. If you push start you hear timer click, pulled bottom panel off where heating element and motor is. there is a loose wire hanging there . It is yellow with a red stripe. Cannot find post where it would snap into
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

the yellow wire with the white stripe goes on the sensor bar on the front of the blower assembly but thats not whats causing this not to start, the cuase is either the thermal fuse or the door switch, heres the fuse. can you recheck the model # XXXXX not comming up correctely? thanks Bryan

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it is a yellow wire with a RED stripe
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Sorry same difference that goes to the sensor bar that senses moisture when this is an auto dry my mistake I didn't mean to say yellow wire with white stripe, at any rate this is still not your problem, can you recheck the model number one more time for me?, I want to get the exact diagrams and parts up for you and then I can tell you what to check.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
model # XXXXX 65942401 . bought in 2005. Kenmore Elite
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay great, that's a good model number, first thing you want to check is when you open the door check the door switch, this is what it looks like it will have a black plastic be sticking down that the door hits when it closes, check to make sure that has broken off this happens quite often,

Register Here
if that is good you will need to check the thermal fuse, do you have a voltmeter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don"t have a voltmeter. It is not the door switch
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok , give me a few minutes while I bring up the diagrams, you can bypass the thermal fuse just to see if it starts, I'm going to the diagrams and show you the location of the thermal fuse, unplug the dryer before you start any of these tests, I will be back shortly thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay on this diagram the thermal fuse is number 59, it's on top of the blower assembly right in the area where you opened the front bottom panel, make sure the dryer is unplugged and take the two wires off and tape them together, just for a test do not leave it like this is a safety fuse, close a door plug the dryer in and see if it starts, if it starts you thermal fuse is bad and you need to replace it, do not run the dryer and dry clothes with this jumped out, if you look at the diagram you can see screw number 28, right neck area is where you yellow and red wire plugs back on the spade, you will see the spade where it came off, here's the diagram,

Register Here
let me know if it starts and I'll send you a link to order the part, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i can't read the diagram, only 1/2 of it comes through, which wires of the six do i connect?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Okay I'm sending a link for you to click to get to the diagrams, when you say which wires of the six what are you trying to say? There are only two wires on that thermostat number 59, you pull the two wires off the thermostat in put those two together and tape them, I realized theres another thermostat with four wires on it, you don't touch them just leave those with they are, you just want to remove the two wires that are on this white thermostat,

Register Here
here is the link to show you with full diagram, just click on this blue link,

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-elite-Parts/Dryer-Parts/Model-11065942401/0583/0151200/K0405020/00003?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=11065942401 like I said just the two wires on the white thermostat number 59 on the diagram

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It worked. It was the thermal fuse.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay great glad to hear it, I'm sorry it was little confusing at first but great job, okay you can order it at Sears you want where you saw the diagram or it's actually a little cheaper here at this link, http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts?s=t-3392519-%3d%3d the part number is,(NNN) NNN-NNNNin case you have a warehouse nearby where you can just pick one up, thanks and well wishes, Bryan