Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I purchased a house which has a Jenn-Air microwave/convection

I purchased a house which has a Jenn-Air microwave/convection oven stand alone unit. I turned on the microwave function to heat a cup of water and the circuit breaker for the outlet trips. I have tried it on other outlets and it has done the same thing to those. The microwave is rated for 13 Amps and all of the outlets are on 20 Amp breakers. I assume there is a short in the unit? It only looks a couple years old, so is it worth getting repaired?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

this means the transformer is drawing more than 20 amps to run, the H.V. transformer in this microwave is bad, this would need to be serviced by a tech however, your probably looking at about $250.00- $300.00 for the service and parts.