Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

looking for advice on a gu1500xtl03 dish washer the cancel

Customer Question

looking for advice on a gu1500xtl03 dish washer the cancel is the only part that works it shows a 2 minute sounds like the pump works , then shuts off , no wash buttons work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is a very very common problem for this model and unfortunately it means that your control board has just shorted and will need to be replaced. The control board is very easy to replace and it's located in the upper right hand corner of the door. Below is a link to the cheapest place I have found that you can order the part. Also, below is a place where you can download a video that shows you how to replace the control board if you wanted to visually see it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there any thing i can try like hitting it with a hammer, i am about to loose the house to the bank , so $ is short
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
no, there really isn't anything you can do to fix the issue except to replace the control board.