The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have an older Sharp Carousel 11 Convection Microwave Oven,

I have an older Sharp Carousel 11 Convection Microwave Oven, It recently blew a fuse and I lost all the power. Where do I find a authorized repair shop to look at it? I live in Indianapolis IN 46254.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 3 years ago.

The Home Smithy :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't. Thank you.

The Home Smithy :

Any appliance repair company can handle the repair of your unit.
Replaceing the main power fuse in these units is a simple task for any experienced repair person.
Please click here for a list of repair companies in your area.

The Home Smithy :

FYI: Sharp does not have "authorised" repair facilities.

Customer :

ls this something that I could replace myself and if it is where do I get parts?

The Home Smithy :

Replaceing the fuse isnt a difficult task. the hardest part is getting the cover off of the unit to get to it. To locate the fuse just follow the power cord into the unit. It connects to a PC board just inside of the cover. The fuse is soldered onto that board. The fuse is available from Radio Shack, or any electronics supplier. You will need a "torx" driver to remove the cover. you can purchase a set of Torx drivers at Home depot, Lowes, Sears, or any hardware store for about 6 or 7 bucks.

The Home Smithy :

You will also need a soldering iron and know how to use it.

The Home Smithy :

It also is available at any of the stoires I mentioned.

Customer :

Did you get my last question?

The Home Smithy :

You also should be aware that there are componants inside of microwaves that store electrical power (capacitors) If you happen to touch the wrong poles with your hands it can deliver a seriously dangerous shock.

The Home Smithy :

Yes, did you see my reply?

The Home Smithy :

Here it is again just in case.

6:36 AM

6:37 AM

The Home Smithy :

Did you recieve my last reply?

The Home Smithy :

Ok I am going to switch this over to a regular Q&A session. Apparently there are problems with the chat this morning.

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances

Ok you should be able to see the whole conversation now. Sorry for the inconvienience

Edited by The Home Smithy on 2/1/2011 at 2:47 PM EST

Ok you should be able to see the whole conversation now. Sorry for the inconvienience.

Please let me know if you can see this reply. Just type i n the box below this reply and then click on REPLY to send it to me.

Edited by The Home Smithy on 2/1/2011 at 2:49 PM EST

Please let me know if you can see this reply. Just type in the box below this reply and then click on REPLY to send it to me.