Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a whirlpool ref mod. no.EDK2KHAXVB00 the ice maker quit

I have a whirlpool ref mod. no.EDK2KHAXVB00 the ice maker quit working I removed the module and defrosted it reinstaled it and moved the switch to on and it never took on any water
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes when I close flap the red light stays on .........the fingers are above the edge at about a 45* angel pointed forward
ok that means you either have a faulty icemaker, or the fill tube above the icemaker is frozen solid not allowing water through to the icemaker.

You can do one of two thing. Fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours. If the icemaker doesn't dump the ice out, replace the icemaker. You can also squeeze the black rubber tub coming from the ceiling on the right side of the icemaker. If it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. Below is a link to the cheapest place I have found the icemaker if you wanted to order it.

Edited by appliance Doc on 2/1/2011 at 2:20 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Why was I charged $25.00 and then charged $35.00 for this service J C Hadden
it should just be a $24 charge. If you were charged more, you'll want to talk to customer service because you shouldn't have been charged more.