Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My dishwasher ends cycle with bottom FULL of water. The drain

My dishwasher ends cycle with bottom FULL of water. The drain is working great, it is not a high loop problem because I can watch water pour into disposal from dishwasher drain and go immediately down the drain...could it be float valve problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the diswhasher actually drains completely normal when you tell it to, but at the end of the cycle it's full of water? That means the control board is just not telling the drain pump to turn on at the end of the cycle, or it's telling the fill valve to fill back up with water at the end of the drain cycle which it shouldn't do. Either way, this is a problem with your sequence switch inside the door of your dishwasher. This is the part responsible for advancing your dishwasher and making it it do different functions on particular portions of the cycle. Below is a link to the cheapet place I see that sells the switch you need to order.