Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a performa may tag dryer, stopes heating runs forever,

I have a performa may tag dryer, stopes heating runs forever, I checked the plug cords and found them burnt, one of them in half, what would cause this, or do I just need to reattach and replace wires
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

This should either be inside the door area of the machine or on top of the console.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model pyet344ayw serial 14558503ej
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Was the wires burnt off near the terminal block to the unit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The red wire from the plug wire is burnt, the red wire going from the block to the dryer motor is burnt in 2, and the black wire coming off the block into the wire is also burnt and melted to two small white wires
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

This is because of a bad connection at the terminal block causing all the wires to overheat, you can splice the wires and repair the terminal block if it was not damaged, other wise it is best to replace the terminal block on the unit...l

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory