Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a kenmore 790.4657 slide in range and oven It has worked

Customer Question

I have a kenmore(NNN) NNN-NNNNslide in range and oven
It has worked fine for almost 7 years
last week i was baking and realized it stopped heating up.
Both the oven and broiler are not heating up.
I checked the breaker and it was not tripped. I also didn't heard a loud pop...?
I was told by another person it is the clock/circut board.
If so what is the part number to replace it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Does the top burners still work? ALso how about the broiler on the oven?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the cook top works fine

the control panel respons as if it was heating up

but the broiler and oven do not heat up at all??

Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
There is a safety thermostat that is located on the unit it is item 141B in the diagram below, if this blows out this would cause the problem you are having, hopefully it is only this, because the computer is very expensive to replace, the part number for the safety thermostat isNNN-NN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places,,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

is there a trick to get to the part easliy??

Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
There is no easy way to do this repair, it is just by the seat of your pants.....:-{