Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Frigidaire Gallery washer wont go into the fast spin cycle.

My Frigidaire Gallery washer won't go into the fast spin cycle. What could be wrong?

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Does it spin at all? Or only slowly?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Only slowly.
Is the door locking on the unit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is locked(I cannot pull it open), and the lock indicator light is on when the machine is running.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

Do you still need help with this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well, it is still not working but I have called Frigidaire and they have suggested it is either the Timer or the Control Board, both of which they recommended I contact a local service center to repair. They are due at my house this afternoon. I had dome some research but the answers were not clear. It was suggested that there is a load balance detector that might be tripped and also that the door locking mechanism has a detector that would prevent high speeds operation of the motor but not a lot of details on how to check or repair or even if my model has these particular features. If you have any thoughts about this I would be curious to compare to what the actual problem turns out to be. Thank you.
The machine just wont go into the fast spin? the clothes are coming out damp?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Correct. No fast spin. Damp clothing.
Ok the problem here is going to be either the pump/drain system has a restriction or the Motor control/speed control is bad. Take the panel out from under the door and check the pipe running from the tub to the pump and then the pump running to the stand pipe. Also check the pump for restrictions. If nothing is found the spin control board is bad and will need to be replaced. Click HERE to order the replacement spin control if needed.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks. Mike
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.