Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE dishwasher that is about 5 years old-GE Quietpower

I have a GE dishwasher that is about 5 years old-GE Quietpower 2, model #GLD5850L00CS, serial#AL704114B. I like it, and it runs very quiet. The problem is that it wont shut off. This started about a week ago. When we get ready to wash dishes, we push the following buttons--Heat dry, Hot wash, Hot start, Normal wash, then the start button. It takes about 30 to 35 minutes normally to run the complete cycle, but it just keeps repeating the cycle. To the best of my knowledge , and I have listened very closely, it goes through the normal stages of washing and draining. Can you help me with this problem? Thank you so much for being there to help....Dave Luther, Springfield, OR--E-mail address if you need it [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Good morning , the problem is a stuck relay on the control board, you will need to replace the control board though you cant just replace the relay,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
you can order this @ for $97.05 hope this info is useful, thanks Bryan