John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My Dacor Freezer model number ef42bdcbss is not getting quite

My Dacor Freezer model number ef42bdcbss is not getting quite cold enough to freeze juice concentrates. Ice is remaining frozen but the ice/water dispenser doesn't work. the freezer makes noises like its working against a blockage intermittently. I've tried lowering the temperature but it doesn't seem to change.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

If you've had the fridge for a year or more, and you have't checked the condenser coil for a dust layer on it, you should do so. A dust layer blocks the air flow through the radiator, and reduces the efficiency of the refrigeration system.

The coil is located at the bottom of the fridge behind the rear cover panel. If you find a dust/lint layer, vacuum it off with a shopvac, and give the fridge an hour or so to return to normal operation.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks John. It was recently cleaned, around 2 months ago, but is a great point. I don't think that's it however. Do you have any other suggestions?The control panel is a bit confusing, want to make sure I'm using it correctly.

May have to get the service tech out here, though.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
It's either a temperature sensor problem, or something's wrong with the control board. In either case, it will require a diagnosis by a refrigeration technician.