gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

My Scotsman wine cooler has suddenly stopped getting cold.

My Scotsman wine cooler has suddenly stopped getting cold. The interior light inside still operates correctly but the cooling doesn't. Could this be as simple a repair of replacing the fuse ( size no greater than 85 grams)? Or is it likely the compressor?
If it is the fuse how do I get to it / where to I find it? My model number is XXXXX - 1SC
Serial number 06021320011127

Who do I contact for in-home service? I live in Manhattan Beach, Calif. 90266
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 3 years ago.

gst85 :

hi there

Customer :

Hi....

gst85 :

hi,so it stopped cooling correct?

Customer :

correct. I don't hear it running anymore or even feel the fan at the bottom.....

gst85 :

ah i see ,if you adjust the thermostat will it try to start?

Customer :

No

gst85 :

if the fan is not running either than it may be that your thermostat is bad\

gst85 :

or control board

Customer :

So has this grown past the level of a average consumers repair scope?

gst85 :

yes sir ,it can still be repaired ,but i would recommend you have a appliance tech have a look at it

Customer :

Anybody in my Zip code you can recommend ? 90266

gst85 :

i can who services your area if youd like?

Customer :

You are local to Manhattan Beach?

gst85 :

sorry i meant i can see who services your area?

Customer :

That would be great or should I just call Sears Appliance repair?

gst85 :

1. 310-478-1497 -XXXXXManhattan Beach , CA 90266
    ARC & USA Appliance Beach, CA. Tel:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Come to MerchantCircle to get ARC & USA Appliance Service Inc. information ...

www.merchantcircle.com/business/ARC.And.USA.Appliance... - Cached

gst85 :

you can try sears too

gst85 :

pressing accept pays me

gst85 :

thank you and good luck

Customer :

If the fuse is blown could this cause the problem?

gst85 :

it may be

gst85 :

im not sure if your unit has one but if it is then yes it can be the issue

gst85 :

have a good night sir

Customer :

Any schematic available to see how to get to it?

gst85 :

you can try www.sears parts direct.com they may provide you witha diagram

gst85 :

do you have anymore questions for me

Customer :

Okay.... Yes.. does referring me to a repair service normally deserve payment? If so How can I get a job like you have?

gst85 :

lol its up to you sir

gst85 :

if you wish to pay me

Customer :

This is a rip off....

gst85 :

ok thats fine

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs