Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

LG washing m /c WD-1018C Front loader. This machine stops

LG washing m /c WD-1018C Front loader.
This machine stops working and marks time in its cycle anytime after 14 mins on the time left indicator. At one stage, at 11 mins it went into full spin for 10 mins. Local repairman replaced printed circuit board and all filters have been cleaned including water receptacle in dispenser drawer area. This has not solved or improved the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 5 years ago.

Repairman1981 :

Are you saying sometimes it stops at 14 mins or everytime it stops at 14 mins?

Customer:

Everytime it marks time in its cycle at anywhere between 14-8 minutes on the lcd readout, what ever operation it was performing at that time it continues to repeat, repeat, repeat until I shut it down. On some occassions the readout went back from 9 to12 minutes. It appeares to work perfectly until it reaches 14 minutes on the readout, then it never goes beyond 8 minutes on the readout to finish the cycle. I have timed in real time the cycle as it operates and all is well untill it reaches 14 minutes on the readout then it fluctuates between 14-8 minutes up and down on the readout doing the same function until I shut it down, sometimes 1 hour passed its finishing cycle.

Customer:

still waiting for your reply to your query

Customer:

Still waiting for info'

Repairman1981 :

It is detecting the load out of balance and restarting the cycle to try and balance the load, if you run it empty does it do this?

Customer:

No

Customer:

Is there a cure other than 14lb hammer