Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our dryer shut off and I think it is because the vent was temporarily

Customer Question

Our dryer shut off and I think it is because the vent was temporarily blocked. Is there a fuse that can be reset?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. If the dryer will not restart, there is a thermal fuse that is likely open. If the filter is on top, the fuse is in the back. If the filter is in the front by the door, the fuse is in the front. With a model number, I will be able to provide you with accurate, model specific information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The dryer runs, but it is not getting hot. It is the Kenmore 800 and its only 6 months old. This happened with our old model and it turned out that the vent was clogged and it was shutting down. I think that happened with the snow, but I believe I have cleared the vent.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Okay, still a fuse could cause no heat as well. However, the model number is XXXXX It will be on a tag inside the dryer door and will likely start with a 110. with 7 or 8 more numbers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model is 110 79822801. I can't find an area for a fuse on the door.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
No fuse on the door and my parts lookup just went down. Is your lint filter on the top of the machine or behind the door?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
lint filter is in the front below the door
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Okay, under the door is the removable front panel. There is a clip on each side of top of the panel, about 2" in from each side. Use a putty knife (or similar) to release these clips and remove the front lower panel to access components for testing. Be sure to unplug the machine first. Remove the 1/4" screws holding the lint filter housing in place. Once done, we will move toward testing the fuses.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX cant get the clips off (they seem to be at the bottom). I have to call it a night, but can pick up tomorrow night if you are around.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
I may be for a bit. I will send you a manual to help you...goodnight.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Service Manual

Page 15 shows how to remove the panel. The entire service manual will aid you in the diagnosing of your dryer. I will be around tomorrow if you are available.