Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

I am looking for a service manual with a wiring diagram for

I am looking for a service manual with a wiring diagram for a GE JHP63V Cooking Center. The 7" three element "burner" is getting 240 volts on the center element but strangely the two other are receiving 14 volts and 22 volts AC ??? I expected a corroded but the burner connection but it looks like the day it was built! The ohm readings on all three elements are good so now I need advice before I proceed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  replied 6 years ago.

Justin :

Hi there. GE does not offer service manuals, not even to their authorized servicers, which I am. If your element resistances are good readings, and the burner connections look like new, I'd strongly suspect the burner switch itself is the culprit. I'm showing your status as offline currently. Since I'm answering you in live chat currently, I can switch this to Q and A.

Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.

I can post a schematic if you require one with google as long as GE offers one for your model online. I see you posted a model number, but please double check it to make certain it is entirely correct. Make sure you have taken the model number straight from the appliance and not from the printing of an owners manual. The reason I ask is because GE model numbers are typically 10 to 12 digits long and you only have 5 or 6 digits listed. Thanks.

Edited by Justin on 2/1/2011 at 5:37 AM EST