Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

i have a built in double oven that will not hold temp. Top

Customer Question

i have a built in double oven that will not hold temp. Top will only get to preheat of 135.
bottom has to be set on 500 to get to any degree to bake. Have checked all elements and they are fine. Just tried new probe in top oven... noting?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 5 years ago.

What is your model and brand oven? Most likely a bad relay board but I need to know what I'm talking about before making a diagnosis.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a Frigidaire #PLEB30T8CCB
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
just wondering if you need more information?

Nope, sorry wasn't online yesterday busy evening.

I have worked on a ton of these, the boards are junk. Normally I would have you test the elements, you have done that. So I would have you check your breaker (be sure nothing is tripped, probably isn't) and then replace both upper and lower relays. The upper is gone, and the lower is almost that is why you can still get some heat on it. The boards solder joints under the relays burn out. Your welcome to pull it and check before buying but I have seen it literally 50 times.

318022001 is the lower board, 318022002 is the upper board, they are both around 170. So your looking at around 350 or so shipped on them. You can order from Marcone by calling at 1-888-464-2853.

As for install instructions, it's really pretty easy, just slide the oven out about 4-6 inches enough it won't fall on you but enough you can work. Remove the front panel and you will see the boards in behind. SWAP WIRE FOR WIRE. Frig's wiring diagrams suck, so helping you find a wire will be VERY hard. Just go wire for wire, new and old boards are identical. Thanks!

Brandon

Please remember to click accept and leave feedback, have a good rest of the evening.