Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

Hello, my frigidaire Gallery front load washer will not drain

Hello, my frigidaire Gallery front load washer will not drain or spin dry. When the dial gets to spin it goes slow, possible because it wont drain. Any suggestions??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. You are right. This washer wont spin if it doesn't drain. You need to remove the lower front panel by removing the 2 screws in the bottom of it. Then remove the big black hose that connects to the tub. Reach inside the hose. There is a filter inside the hose. Clean the filter and it should work again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

How do i remove the screws, tip, the washer back ? and if the filter is not clogged do you have any other suggestions?

I'm almost 90% sure that the filter is clogged. It will help to tip the washer back. If the filter isn't clogged then you have a bad drain pump.