Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

I have a 3 year old whirlpool front loading washing machine,

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old whirlpool front loading washing machine, model LHW0050PQ4. It will not drain the water out of it and makes a loud clattering sound while running.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. It sounds like you have something stuck in the drain pump. In the front right corner there is a cover. Remove the cover and untwist the cap. The cap is a filter for the drain pump. Watch out water will drain out.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
actually, i already stated i had cleaned the drain filter but mistakenly called it the lint filter. There was nothing in there, and yes, a lot of water did come out. I have done this twice to no avail. will it be necessary to replace the drain pump or can it be removed and disassambled?
You will need to replace it which is a real pain. I would recommend calling a tech. The front panel has to come off to replace it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ouch, Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Actually, the ouch was referring to have to call a tech and not anything else. I was hopeing I could do something myself and it will be impossible to attempt anything until Wednesday or Thursday. The washer is in a small utility closet, under a dryer, upstairs in a 5th wheel and hard to get to.
Most of these smaller units are in tight spaces.