Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hello, I have an Amana ARB2257CSR - freezer with pull out drawer

Hello, I have an Amana ARB2257CSR - freezer with pull out drawer - Problem statement: #1- Freezer frosting on back wall (which freeze over the venting slots on back wall). Temp @ 32 F - meat frozen but ice cream super soft not full liquid. Fan is blowing when rotate main switch. #2 - Upper department works fine but cannot seem to find or keep from breaking center bracket that hold the twin veggie drawers. Center support keeps breaking at end tabs. So any ideas for item #1, item #2 more a overall comment on poor design. No response need unless you want to share.
Thanks,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

First, if the refrigerator portion is working, you don't have a defrost problem which means you have something going on with your compressor. Pull the refrigerator out and check the fan behind the refrigerator by the compressor. Is the fan running? If not, then remove whatever is blocking it, and if nothing is blocking it replace the fan motor.

If the fan is running, post back and I'll tell you where to go from there. (and by fan, I mean the fan back by the compressor so you'll need to pull the refrigerator out to see it)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. I have moved the unit and checked the fan is working (black vent cover next to water supply in line).

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
ok then unfortunately you have a bad compressor or you are low on freon. Either way, you'll need to contact a technician to come out and measure the freon pressure, then he can either add freon if you need or he can replace the compressor if needed (if it's inefficient).

As for the center bracket for the crisper drawers... it just breaks. It's a weak design and really the only way to stop it from breaking is to not put much weight in the drawers. I know, kind of a lousy answer, but it's really more of a lousy design and there isn't really any way to fix it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the help. Worth the $28. Will use you again!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
alright, well I wish you the best of luck. Sorry about the issue, it's definitely not a cheap repair.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you can elaborate and give me a "ball park" estimate on what this should cost?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
about $300 if it's a freon issue and about $500 if you need a new compressor.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.