John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have an ancient Monty Wards upright freezer (model FFT-4934-000)

I have an ancient Monty Wards upright freezer (model FFT-4934-000) that worked well when it was last plugged in around 4 years ago. I tried to power it up today, but get no power indications - no power on light, no compressor hum, nothing...

I removed the temp adj switch with integrated thermostat and shorted the wires together - still no power.

Help please!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

There's a good chance that the problem is in the power cord, or the plug. You should check the continuity from the plug spades to the terminal block at the freezer. If you don't have a test meter, just replace the power cord.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for the quick reply, John. Power cord checked out okay, so I checked circuit breakers in panel and one had tripped (bad outlet?). Freezer works fine.

Many thanks!