Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I just recently spoke with Bob about my Kitchenaid dishwasher

Customer Question

I just recently spoke with Bob about my Kitchenaid dishwasher and would like to give him a chance to redeem himself. his information was not correct and now I have a leak from pulling the unit out. I replace the heating element and ohmed the thermister/snesor and measured 66,000 ohms, supposedly near specs according to the sheet that I found on the front cover. ANY CHANCE BOB CAN HELP ME OUT HERE???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
What information was not correct..?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Connections not reachable from front of unit, nuts very tight even with unit pulled out, had to use long wrench to reattache the new element. information packet was inside lower cover, did not notice until I was ready to put it back on, had to pull unit out to change the heater element. light still flashes, read in the packet sheet that the element or thermister could cause problem with unit. Measured the thermister, found within 6000 ohms of max spec. Spec 50-60 k ohms, measured 66k ohms. what else can i check or test.
Certainly not the wrong information..You did not need to remove the unit to remove the element..Have changed many of the KUDS model heating elements.In your first question you wanted to know how to remove the element.Nothing about trouble shooting a dishwasher. So now we are on to something else
Here is the diagram for the heating element..Notice the nuts # XXXXX accessed from the front..

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Edited by MasterTech on 2/1/2011 at 3:08 AM EST
If you have the tech sheet..It will tell you which buttons to push in sequence to remove the clean light flashing..The clean light flashing is a code showing there is something wrong within the heating circuit...Thanks Bob