gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

Hey guys, I have a frigidaire frig (PLRU1778ES0 - one of the

Hey guys, I have a frigidaire frig (PLRU1778ES0 - one of the twins), we spilt something that ran down to the drip pan, I have removed the hose, cleaned out the funk, but the pan still has more funk in it...is there an easy way to remove the pan to clean it and/or do I pour some bleach in the pan and let it sit overnight then drain it somehow? I am pretty handy and can probably do this, just have not figured out how to remove / clean the pan...it seems like the coils are spinning around the bottom of the pan as well, which looks tricky? Thx so much, Steve V.

gst85 :

hi there

JACUSTOMER-3ydbl41j- :

Hey gst, whatcha think about my prob?

gst85 :

i can direct you to a website that can pull up a diagram of your fridge if youd like

JACUSTOMER-3ydbl41j- :

that may help, but from reading online issues from other folks with my exact prob, there seems to be little help or direction, shouldn't drain pans in a refrig be accessable to clean? Have you had / seen / heard of this before? If so, what was the best resolution?

gst85 :

yes they are removable to be cleaned ,either thru the front by removing the kickplate or the back

JACUSTOMER-3ydbl41j- :

gotcha, mine has to be from the front...can you direct me to the diagram and walk me through it?

gst85 :

www.seras parts direct.com the pictures will show you exactly how it is removed ,good luck to you ,pressing accept pays me

gst85 :

sears

gst85 :

sorry about that

JACUSTOMER-3ydbl41j- :

cool, let me pull it up and see if I have any ?'s...last thing I want to do is jack up the frig on top of the awful smell...hang tight

gst85 :

sure

JACUSTOMER-3ydbl41j- :

gst, I found the site, but no diagram shows the pan drain or any pics, they are telling me I can buy it for $58...what now?

gst85 :

ok you can just try to pull it out on your own ,with no diagram ,i will try to assist you

gst85 :

remove the front kick plate

JACUSTOMER-3ydbl41j- :

ok, I was able to open the diagram, but it is fuzzy and has little info on screw locations holding it up...trying to remove the kickplate now, be right back

gst85 :

ok

JACUSTOMER-3ydbl41j- :

ok, removed kickplate, unscrewed 4 screws just inside the door below the crisper, the pan fell down some but does not want to come out easily, looks like there are coils running along the base of the pan and they are connected to the damn pan?! Now what?

JACUSTOMER-3ydbl41j- :

I can see my mess in the pan, i have the frig tilted up on a few 2x4's for under frig for access...

gst85 :

ok so you can do it ?

JACUSTOMER-3ydbl41j- :

the pan does not want to come out, coils are attached to the bottom of the pan, any ideas?

gst85 :

push up on the coils then pull it out

gst85 :

are you with me

JACUSTOMER-3ydbl41j- :

just got it, the pan was locked in place...thx man!

gst85 :

sure pressing accept pays me