Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

I have a bosch shx46a05uc/21 dishwasher about 5 years old.

I have a bosch shx46a05uc/21 dishwasher about 5 years old. All of the dishes come out with a white film on them. Originally i thought my wife was using too much /wrong soap. After changing brands it appears that the dishes are not getting a final rinse before they dry. I think this because if we do a rinse and draincycle the dishes are cleaner although they are wet. I see soap suds in the bottom of the tub after doing this. We do use the blue rinsing liquid. Help!!
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. Look at the detergent box. Does it say phosphate free on it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No we have been using a recommended crystal detergent since new with no problems. This problem just happened all at once which makes me think there is a malfunction of some kind. It was fine the load before and now it leaves everything with a film.
Yes all detergents have changed there formula and taken the phosphates out. Watch this video. The video is in the top right corner of this link. CLICK HERE