esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp

We have a Fisher&Paykel dryer. It started sqeaking. Its a

We have a Fisher&Paykel dryer. It started sqeaking. It's a rotary type squeak coming from the right side (perhaps rear?). I noticed there is a spring at bottom rear but the sound is coming from the right side. Any solutions? Thanks very much!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 3 years ago.

esequiel walker :

hi there sounds like the rullers or the belt pully

esequiel walker :

the bely pully is very common for squeaking bad can be frustrating

esequiel walker :

did you spray the rollers that sustain the drum

Customer :

Is there any way to get to the pully. Can it be lubed or replaced?

esequiel walker :

both you can lubricate it or if its just too squeaky or has play your better off replacing it

esequiel walker :

how old is this dryer

Customer :

Possibly 7 yrs maybe 8

esequiel walker :

ok im sure its used frequently i suggest replacing the rollers and the pully and give it a thourough cleaning

Customer :

How can I get to these parts?

esequiel walker :

you can order them at www.appliancepartspros.com they also ship overnight ok

esequiel walker :

pressing accept is how i get paid thank you

Customer :

Thanks for that info...but I mean how do I access the area where the pully and rollers are located

esequiel walker :

good luck

esequiel walker :

you will need to disassemble the complete dryer to remove the drum

esequiel walker :

fisher paykel is difficult to get in to

Customer :

I'll give it a shot. I've taken just about everything else apart on it.

esequiel walker :

i will be honest with you i have only done two disassemblys and it was a nightmare

esequiel walker :

i wish you all the luck sir

esequiel walker :

its not your basic dryer

Customer :

Thanks!

esequiel walker :

pressing accept pays me for my help thanks

esequiel walker :

good luck sir

Experience: my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp