Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have an LG dishwasher; model LDS5811WW. The power will not

Customer Question

I have an LG dishwasher; model LDS5811WW. The power will not come on. I have confirmed that there is indeed electricity to the unit.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 3 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your dishwasher..Most common problem is a faulty connection under the dishwasher where the home supplied power and the dishwashers power is connected..Remove the front bottom panel and check the wire nuts inside the small metal junction box for power at that point.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have already removed the bottom panel and confirmed that that the wire nuts are still taped and intact.
Did you test it with a meter at that point.?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I did not. I don't have a meter to test. The unit has been working fine since 2006. Why would the wires go bad all of a sudden?
Just because the wire nuts look good means nothing unfortunately..You have to make sure power is getting to the unit before testing other parts.Moisture sets in..The wires no longer have a good connection inside the wire nut..Have seen it many times.First check with a meter..Also once you use the accept option today stop by and leave some feedback for my time helping you..If you have any further questions i will be standing by..I also see you have a correctly answered question that has not been accepted yet Stand by for that link..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will get a meter and check the connection..........until then, I will hold off on my answer acceptance. Meanwhile........thanks for your help. Regards, Joe
Ill be standing by..In the mean time..Here is the link to the last unaccepted answer .Thanks Bob

http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/3fxs4-hi-model-xxxxxxxxxx-water-fills.html
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I apologize for my delayed response.......I've been "digging out" for the past couple days.

I have verified that there is indeed electricity at the wire nuts..........now what?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>Is anyone there?</p><p>Hello?</p>
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot accept your answer because it did not help.

PLEASE HELP!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You guys suck......don't bother responding because I found the answer from another site. If you charge me, I will come to your house and beat on your door!

No problem ..I was a bit thrown off by your ..Saying.."I cannot accept your answer because it did not help...Thought you had it figured out by the previous correct answer i gave you...You are only charged if you do use the accept option..Which you have two different opened question which you have been given correct answers to but have not accepted or paid for either one..So you paid nothing..Please do not make threats over the inter net...Thanks Bob