esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp

I tried to self clean my bosch oven and it was fine until I

Customer Question

I tried to self clean my bosch oven and it was fine until I used the built in bosch microwave above. When the microwave started, the self cleaning stopped and error 41 appeared on the display. Now the oven is not clean and I can't open my oven door. Please help! I referred to the manual and turned off the oven at the circuit breaker for 5 minutes to try to reset the oven. It didn't work. What should I do next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 5 years ago.
hi f41 means the oven lock mechanism has failed so it wont release the door to fix this problem you will need to have it replaced to fix this problem . pressing accept is how i get paid thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
There is nothing else I can try? I have only cleaned my oven one other time. I hardly use it. so I don't understand how the door lock mechanism would need to be replaced already.
hi im sorry the answer i gave you doesnt make sense but thats exactly what error f41 indicates it was in self clean mode these switches on the door locks always go bad but that is how they are made . things happen that error code came on for a reason