Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Every time I clean my self cleaning oven, it gives me error

Every time I clean my self cleaning oven, it gives me error code F9 when it's done. It has been 24 hours and I still can't open the range! I've cancelled the code before but can't remember how & the stop/cancel is not working to clear it either. Model JER8855
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F9 means that your door latch assembly isn't working. Try turning the breaker off to the unit for 60 seconds to see if it will reset. If not, then try to set the self clean, wait 60 seconds and cancel it to see if that will reset the door latch assembly. If nothing resets the door lock, then you just need to manually open the door and replace the door latch assembly. It's not easy to manually unlock the door. You'll need to use a coat hanger and pull the latch assembly from RIGHT to LEFT by slipping it down between the door and the oven frame at the top. Force the latch over to the left and open the door, then you can remove the panel in front of the door latch and replace the latch assembly.