Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.
21549903

I have a Hampton Bays 52 in. fan ( looks like wood boat oars

I have a Hampton Bays 52 in. fan ( looks like wood boat oars ) with dome,brushed nickel and on remote ( about 1 yr old. sensor in the fixture. Stopped working. Electrician replaced remote, howeve, it is the sensor in the fixture, itself. Apparently, it is an unusual sensor with more than 4 wires. He has taken the sensor to several electrical supply places with no success. The remote says Hampton Bays yet the fixture itself does not have a name stamped saying it is a Hampton Bays Fan and, of course, I saved everything for every other appliance, except for this fan. Love the light and fan. The remote numbers are no help. Can you give me any help.

Thank you,

Dorothy Villano
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Craig replied 5 years ago.

Craig :

The fan will have a Call 1-877-527-0313 and ask for Hampton Bay assistance. Have the UPC code from the fan and they will connect you to the original Mfg of he fan for the parts you need.
If that doesn't work let me know and we'll go to a site that has it.

Craig :

This site will have the receiver too..

JACUSTOMER-hjg3yk2a- :

What is UPC code - if it is not stamped on the fan- I don't have it. What is the receiver/

JACUSTOMER-hjg3yk2a- :

Thank you,

JACUSTOMER-hjg3yk2a- :

Dorothy Villano

Craig :

Look in the switch box or canopy for a sticker with a UPC code number. This is how they track it to the original Mfg

Craig :

It's on the fan

Craig :

Hello

JACUSTOMER-hjg3yk2a- :

Thank you for your help- much appreciated. Will call electrician.

Craig :

Thank you please press accept