william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

I have a recent model Whirlpool washer model no. wtw57esvw0

Customer Question

I have a recent model Whirlpool washer model no. wtw57esvw0 that after failing to advance in cycle or when starting only lets in a small amount of water and then began to agitate now only will pump out water and spin dry.(Manual fill from external Hose) No fill or agitation is possible. Unplugging the machine would reset it most of the time until today. Also advancing the timer manually would get the program to start most of the time. The water inlet valve was just replaced as it was plugged with a white substance from the house pipes. Now the machine will not start ther cycle in any wash setting or fill in any timer position. Ideas? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
So the water inlet valve solenoids were replaced is this correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I replaced the valve itself as supplyed by Repair.com There were 4(?) electrical connections I believe. No other separate parts were replaced, just the valve
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Ok you will need to get a volt meter and test the timer to see if your getting the proper volts to the solenoids which is 120 volts. You will have to test both set of wires. If you do not get the proper volts then you will need a new timer. Which it looks like you need one.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a volt meter. Red wire to ground then outgoing or incomimg? I have not opened up the control panel as yet. Are there only 4 wires from and to the timer?
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.

Put both your leads into 1 set. Then do the other set.

william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
I did not tell you to replace the timer?
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
What was the readings on them wires?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sure sounded like it to me.
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
What was the readings on the wires?
Expert:  william replied 3 years ago.
Would you please send me the readings that you got from them wires?