Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi, my washing machine wont let the water out. It runs through

Hi, my washing machine won't let the water out. It runs through the whole cycle but the water never drains and it doesn't spin. Please assist. Tx Helen
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

do you have a model number so that I can better assist you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The unit will not even attempt to spin if it can't drain the water out. So you'll need to remove the kick panel below the front panel and you can see a plastic screw cap that you need to unscrew. The water in the tub will come out so be careful. Clean the catch behind the cap and try again. If it still doesn't drain, the drain pump will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Awesome thanks, XXXXX XXXXX!

Earlier I managed to break one of the knobs, do you know if I can get a replacement panel for the top? \

awesome, glad you got it working again. You can get a new panel yes, but I see you're in South Africa so I'm not sure how you'd get it. To order the part, you can go to and call them with the model number to order the part correctly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you so much, you've been an awesome help!

no problem. I wish you the best of luck.