Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Kenmore Elite Oasis washer keeps going unbalanced during spin

Kenmore Elite Oasis washer keeps going unbalanced during spin cycle, no matter how carefully we load it. Just replace control card to fix F-1 problem. Assumed it would fix unbalance problem also. It didn't
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There is an RPS sensor mounted to the bottom of the motor that tells the tub how to spin so that it doesn't go unbalanced. This RPS sensor isn't working correctly if the tub is going out of balance easily. You'll need to order and replace the sensor to fix the issue.

Edited by appliance Doc on 1/28/2011 at 4:59 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how much is the sensor, i've already spent 200 bucks for the control card. Is this going to be the end of it, or should I buy something else?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
This should end the shaking problems. The sensor is about $70-80 or so. I'm not incredibly fond of this model but at this point, I'd put the part in because it's not that much compared to the cost of your washer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just curious about what brand you think is best
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
For high efficiency top load washers, I'd go with Fisher and Paykel. If you want a front load high efficiency washer, I'd go with Bosch Nexxt.