Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

I have a KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDSO1FLSS6 and it does not

I have a KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDSO1FLSS6 and it does not seem to be rinsing the soap out off the dishes or out of the inside of the washer, its leaving soap scum on everything. I have run the sink hot water before I turn on the washer but it does not seem to help. Any suggestions ?

Justin :

Since the removal of phosphate in 2010 from dishwashing soaps, the recommendation I make is to purchase a product called GLASS MAGIC and place a tablespoon in the prewash area of the dispenser cup for each load. Glass Magic contains phosphate and really helps. The EPA is to blame for this. They made it illegal for manufacturers to use phosphate in detergent last year. Also, I'm recommending that people change from powders and liquids in favor of those gelpack detergents.

Justin :

Without phosphate, dissolved calcium deters proper cleaning.

Justin :

Phosphate was added to destroy dissolved calcium in water.

Justin :

This should definitely help you out.

Justin :

Good job on running the hot water by the way. That is a necessity anymore

JACUSTOMER-ktc8idsv- :

we use liiquid cascade always and have never had this problem unitl recently could there be another issue like it droped a rinse cycle or something?

Justin :

No, liquid cascade is horrible anymore. Trust me on this. If you read your bottle, I guarantee it says phospate free on it. This is a new change which just occured

JACUSTOMER-ktc8idsv- :

I would not call it a clcuim deposit but more like a simi-soft soap build up

Justin :

The dishwasher detergent companies were forced. Yes, but calcium is detering the detergent from doing its job and breaking down. This is very common where I live. Glass Magic works.

Justin :

Does the dishwasher still sound normal?

Justin :

Are all your dishes getting wet?

JACUSTOMER-ktc8idsv- :

yes it does seem to sound normal and the dishes also seemt to be getting wet, some steam rises from the units when its in the dry cycle. I will try glass magic and see if it helps

Justin :

One table spoon in the pre wash area

Justin :

also, get away from liquid. Use the cascade all in one power packs

Justin :

Check that out.

JACUSTOMER-ktc8idsv- :

ill try anything at this point sure would hate to have the washer become a place just to store things in ...lol