Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

My GE Profile dryer, model DPSE810 wont start. When I push

My GE Profile dryer, model DPSE810 won't start. When I push start, it just sounds two quick beeps.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 6 years ago.

Randy 43 :

I would check that the door closes properly into its latch,if that is ok i would check the door switch ,if the control cant sense the door switch is activated itll just beep..open the door and push the switch in manually..otherwise it may need to be checked with a meter

Randy 43 :

Main Product View
Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-atti1urr- :

If neither of these works, does that mean the switch is bad?

Randy 43 :

from what the issue is i would suspect the switch as the problem but to be 100% it would need to be checked with a meter for continuity between the terminals when switch is pushed in..to test for sure..but ive had that same issue and its been the switch ,but im not there

Randy 43 :

Main Product View
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

make sure the male end fits properly in this door catch, and its not bent,it goes straight in also

JACUSTOMER-atti1urr- :

my husband says he hears the door click when closed, so he feels the door is catching properly

Randy 43 :

if you push the switch by hand do you hear a faint click as well?

JACUSTOMER-atti1urr- :

yes, it clicks and the light goes out

Randy 43 :

thats why there is 3 terminals ,1 for the lite ,other one is for the power to start the dryer

Randy 43 :

besides the 2 beeps, is there any other noises? like a humming ?

JACUSTOMER-atti1urr- :

no

Randy 43 :

it sounds like a switch to me ,or the board is defective, the board is quite expensive..just from having that same issue in the past makes me think it is the door switch..if you had a meter and removed power from the dryer took the switch out and checked it for continuity could you tell for sure

JACUSTOMER-atti1urr- :

ok, thanks for your help. we'll call a local repair man tomorrow. have a good night.