Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.

LG Tromm dryer doesn't function; check filter light flashes on

Customer Question

I have a LG Tromm dryer model DLG5988W check filter light flashes on, not allowing dryer to function. I've cleaned filter and filter port and still doesn't work.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Peter replied 5 years ago.

The LG dryers will flash the clean filter light when ever you push the power button to start a cycle. If the dryer will not start then you have another problem. Does the light in the drum turn on when you open the door?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Off or on light always goes on when door opens. Is there sensor that needs cleaning or replace?
Expert:  Peter replied 5 years ago.

No it is just a reminder. The dryer will not start?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Right! Panals lights up when you press power, "check filter" light flashes. I've checked and cleaned filter, vacuumed where filter inserts. Placed filter back. "Check filter" light still flashes. Does not allow dryer from functioning. No starting, no settings, nothing! I even unplugged dryer thinking I could reset and still nothing!
Expert:  Peter replied 5 years ago.

Does "CL" show on the display. If yes then your dryer is in child lock. Press and hold the "rack dry" button for 3 seconds then your dryer should work. If not in child lock mode then you have a defective display board or loose wire connection at the board since it will not allow commands. Remove the top panel to get to the control panel and check all of the wiring connections. If all good then you have a defective display board.