The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.
12112589

My Moffat 3000 oven is approx.29 years old The oven lights

My Moffat 3000 oven is approx.29 years old The oven lights but stays on a very small flame for about ten minutes before coming to full flame which is quite yellow.Can you tell me what the problem is and is it possible to get it repaired

Forry :

The burner or igniter bar is worn out and unless you can get a new one then the only hope you would have is to get a metal worker to make you one

JACUSTOMER-d1vbm9k4- :

where can i get anew one from

Forry :

I will try and find one for you but 29 years may be a stumbling block. I will do my best but can not gaurantee a favourable result. You still can most likely get a steelworker to make you one. David.

JACUSTOMER-d1vbm9k4- :

I would be greatful if you could find me a burner .How long do you need.Meanwhile I will try and find a steelworker..Judith

Forry :

Ok gave me half an hour from now Judith, I will report back whatever the result is

Forry :

Sorry Judith but I can not find a burner for your appliance. If anything turns up from my extensive searches I will of course get straight back to you regards David.