S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance

I have a Maytag dishwasher Jetclean Dishwasher - EQ Plus .

I have a Maytag dishwasher "Jetclean Dishwasher - EQ Plus". Just recently, it has a smell coming from it that smells up the whole kitchen. I went online and found where it said to put in vinegar (which I just did just enough to fill where I normally put it the dishwashing liquid). I'm currently running it on a "normal cycle".

Can you tell me what else I can do? Thank you.

Vienna, VA

S.E.Thomas :

hello, welcome to just answer. my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i will be happy to assist you with your problem. You can also use bleach. start the dishwasher and let it fill up and start to wash. As soon as it starts to wash, open the door and add one cup of bleach directly to the tub. Close the door and let it finish the cycle. There is also a product sold at grocery stores called dishwasher magic. this is also designed to clean out the machine.

JACUSTOMER-y3as6qkg- :

Thank you. I have 53 minutes left on the dishwasher cycle. When it finishes, I'll start another cycle and use the cup of bleach as you suggested.