S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

I own a Kenmore Elite front loading washer and we just had

I own a Kenmore Elite front loading washer and we just had it delivered from storage after moving cross country. We ran a cycle with nothing in it and all appeared well. When we added a small load of clothes, during the spin cycle the washer went nuts and started walking across the laundry room. What causes this? Is there a fix?

S.E.Thomas :

hello, welcome to just answer. my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i will be happy to assist you with your problem. Are the shipping bolts removed from the rear of the machine?

JACUSTOMER-ozw2kf7f- :

I do not think the shipping company installed them before they moved the machine. Where would they be located and I can go check?

S.E.Thomas :

there are 4 holes in the rear of the washer. they should have 4 plastic caps on them if the bolts are removed

JACUSTOMER-ozw2kf7f- :

okay let me go check the machine

JACUSTOMER-ozw2kf7f- :

there are four bolts in the back of the machine with red washers

JACUSTOMER-ozw2kf7f- :

do these need to be removed?

S.E.Thomas :

yes. those are the shipping bolts. that will cause major problems.

JACUSTOMER-ozw2kf7f- :

oh, i was not aware of that. let me get my tools and remove them then run the cycle again. i'll get back to you if this does not fix it.

S.E.Thomas :

ok. i will be here for a while. make sure you remove the entire red plastic spacers from inside. they will pull out through the hole with the bolts