Peter
Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.
27890704

My kitchenaid dishwasher doesnt fill with water It is model

Customer Question

My kitchenaid dishwasher doesn't fill with water? It is model KUDS0DJSS0?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

When you start your dishwasher can you hear any sound at all?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
you can hear the motor going, it just isnt gettting a water

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did you get the message i just sent?
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Yes I have it. I am working on a diagram for you..just a few minutes.

Barry
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
First move the float up and down. (green arrow) see if it will fill then. No water go to the next step.

Pull the kick plate off and make sure the float is moving the switch up and down. (yellow arrow)

If you still have no water replace the inlet valve (red arrow) The factory part number for that valve is W10219505. That is a factory part number you can shop anywhere with. One place that has it online is located HERE.
That should get it filling for you.

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We did a ohms check on the water inlet and it read 1020 on it, if we put water in it manually it moves it around and seems to work
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Great you have a meter. Test the voltage during the fill part of the cycle at the valve. Make sure you set the meter up at 120 volts AC and have the probes inserted into the connector before you turn it on.

Barry

Edited by Barry G on 1/19/2011 at 12:24 AM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok give me a few minutes we have to go back to the barn to get the meter again
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Take your time I will be here 4 hours longer.

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can we check the volts from the lines going into we cant get the sticks from the meter into the connector while it is connected
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry I see I was not clear. You can remove the connector from the valve. Insert the probes into the connector and then turn on the dishwasher.

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the valve is gettting 44 volts when it is trying to fill
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you.

I cannot tell but looking closer,,well as close as I can it appears there may be a filter screen in that valve. You may want to check.

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
if its ready 44 is that good? we checked the screen it the valve and it is fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
are you still there? I am waiting for a response on the last thing I wrote
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
I am not sure about the voltage. I have been trying to find a wiring diagram to be able to tell. That valve is not like most so I do not know. Most are 110 volt let me opt out so another person who does have a diagram or direct experience with that valve to help you. Please do not press accept above. When that person helps you be sure to press the accept button for them.

Barry

Edited by Barry G on 1/19/2011 at 1:07 AM EST
Expert:  Peter replied 3 years ago.

Hi, my name is Peter.

You should have 120 volts to the water valve during the fill cycle. Check the float switch in the front right corner for continuity. If the float switch is good and no 120 volts at the water valve then I would ohm the wires from the board to the water valve. if they are good then you have a defective control board.

You may send additional questions directly to me.

Please push the green accept button if I have answered your question satisfactorily.

Thank you,

Peter

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
do you know how much the control board costs?
Expert:  Peter replied 3 years ago.

About $130.00. It is available from www.reliableparts.com

If I have answered your questions satisfactorily please push the green accept button.

Thank you,

Peter