S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

my dryer wont start, have checked the plug and to see if there

my dryer won't start, have checked the plug and to see if there are any loose wires, and all seems fine, please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 3 years ago.

S.E.Thomas :

hello, welcome to just answer. my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i will be happy to assist you with your problem. Can you please get me the complete model number from inside the dryer door?

S.E.Thomas :

Are you there?

Customer :

sure,hold on

Customer :

model number is XXXXX

S.E.Thomas :

ok let me pull this up. does it make any noise at all when the start button is pushed?

Customer :

nope,nothing

S.E.Thomas :

if you slide the dryer out and look at the bottom of the rear is there a removable panel? I cant tell by the picture they have

Customer :

where the power cord is yes

Customer :

other than that no

S.E.Thomas :

This dryer has a belt switch. that is the first thing that needs to be checked. If the belt is broke the dryer will not start

S.E.Thomas :

ok then you will need to remove the front and then the drum. before we do that have you tested the power? Do you have a volt meter?

Customer :

i have not as i do not have a volt meter

S.E.Thomas :

do you have breakers or fuses i your house?

Customer :

it was working fine not even 5 minutes before i tried to use it again,

Customer :

i was switching loads

Customer :

yes, i checked them and nothing was tripped

S.E.Thomas :

with out a volt meter we have to assume that the power is good and we will not be able to test the fuses. we will need to first check the belt and then the fuses. without the meter we will need to jump the fuses out to test.

S.E.Thomas :

open the door and see if there are screws in the top of the the door opening going straight up to the top.

Customer :

i have to go shaun, what would be your best guess?

S.E.Thomas :

as i said you must first check the belt. if the belt is good then you need to check the thermal fuse.

Customer :

ok. thank you!

S.E.Thomas :

it is most likely one of those two things. if the belt is tight on the drum then it is good. the fuse is on the element behind the drum

Customer :

cool,thanks again

S.E.Thomas :

you can find these parts at www.appliancepartspros.com at a discounted price

S.E.Thomas :

thank you and feel free to post back to this question at any time if you need further assistance

Customer :

awesome,thanks

S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance