S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

my neptune gas dryer made a spark like noise and smelled like

Customer Question

my neptune gas dryer made a spark like noise and smelled like burned electrical wire. now when you try to run a cycle the screen shows the door is not shut, but it is shut. is there a circuit board that need to be replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 3 years ago.

S.E.Thomas :

hello, welcome to just answer. my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i will be happy to assist you with your problem. I would first test the door switch and make sure that the wires to the switch are not burnt or shorted somewhere before replacing the board as they are not cheap.

S.E.Thomas :

To do this you need to remove the door, the 2 screws on the opposite side of the door hinges and then remove the front panel.

S.E.Thomas :

the switch will now be visible on the bottom right corner.

Customer :

the spark noise came from the top of the machine by the control panel

S.E.Thomas :

ok then you will want to check that area as well but i would first check the switch. If the board shorted something most likely caused it.

S.E.Thomas :

It is possible that the board just went bad but i do not want you top spend all that money and blow the new board.

Customer :

ok if i check the switch and its seems ok how do i remove the control panel and get to the board

S.E.Thomas :

on the top of the panel there are 4 philips screws that hold the rear metal panel to the plastic. remove these three screws and then the control panel bottom will lift up just slightly and slide forward. You then just lay the panel on its face.

S.E.Thomas :

You can also remove the 1/4 inch screws across the bottom of the metal cover if you wish. it will make it a little easier to remove the control panel.

S.E.Thomas :

One of the best places to order parts from is www.appliancepartspros.com. they are sold at a discounted price. you may also want to check out www.appliancezone.com.

Customer :

ok i'll give it a try in the morning

Customer :

thanks

S.E.Thomas :

as you can see this is not a cheap part.

Customer :

yes that is a very expensive part!!

S.E.Thomas :

yes. this is why i want you to be sure that is the problem.

Customer :

ok, if i need more help how do i contact you

S.E.Thomas :

i will switch to a q&a format and then you can return to this question at any time. just log in and open this question back up. even after you accept it will still be there.

S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
ok you are set!!!!
just open this question if you need further assistance. do not open a new question as they will bill you again.