Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Regarding a kenmore oven - circa 10 - 15 years old in fantastic

Regarding a kenmore oven - circa 10 - 15 years old in fantastic condition at a rental prperty I own:

oven suddenly stopped working - was an automatic timer issue easily solved
2 days later stopped working again - no indicator light on panel either - does not appear to be timer isue. I plan to replace fuses.

is there something else it could be that I can deal with?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Do you have a model number?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry i don't - did not see one on the unit and am at a different location.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Well if you can get it just post it here and I will receive it, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok - any suggestion in the meantime?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Well the thing I would do first is make sure you are getting 220 V to the oven itself, does is turn style thermostat or is it a clock type with a touch pad?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

turn style clock with timer - separate turn knobs on a start clock and stop clock for auto timer on oven

FYI all range burners all lights etc. are working - 220 is plugged in and I reset the breaker even thogh it diod not appear to have tripped.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay, tried turning the two little knobs until they both pop out and then see if the oven works, let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Heve done that several times - I do have new fuses that I will install as well. After that, is there anything else I can try or is it a call to a technician?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Not really a lot, what fuses are you going to replace? The ones in the house? If the stove top works there's no need to replace the fuses in the house you are getting 220 V that means the fuses are good, inside those clocks there are contacts and from what I am getting from you they are burnt and that's probably what's going on with it, if you don't feel you can change the clock yourself a technician is probably your best bet, without a model number I can't go any further sorry, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The screw-in fuses in the top panel of the stove - however the tip about the contacts in the clock is a very good one and makes sense given the sequence of events.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay, I know which ones you're talking about now, you can try changing them it's possible one is bad but from what you're saying I think it's got to do with the clock itself to be honest, thank you and have a great weekend, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.