Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.
11470909

how do i remove the washing tub my Frigidaire gallery model#

Customer Question

how do i remove the washing tub my Frigidaire gallery model# XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alan replied 6 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for using Just Answer. I can help your today. Please stand by as I get the service manual for your model number.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK Thanks for the help. My washing machine tub when in the spin cycle is all of a sudden making a lot of noise and the tub is spinning a lot more freely than usual
Expert:  Alan replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for waiting. Here is a link to download the service manual for your washer.

Click here for manual. Page 108 is where the washer dissasembly starts.

Edited by Alan on 1/15/2011 at 7:56 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What do you think is my problem? The washer tube seems to have something brake loose as it is making a lot of noise when in the spin cycle. The tube always had a stiff resistance to it and now is spins a lot more freely
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Alan replied 6 years ago.
The noise is most likely from the bad bearings in the rear of the outer tub. I am unsure as to why it would spin more freely, unless the belt broke of came off. If that is the case it would not spin at all though.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The belt is on and in good shape. I wll remove the bearing from the rear of the outter Tub

Thanks