Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have mice droppings inside our GE profile dishwasher. the

We have mice droppings inside our GE profile dishwasher. the droppings are nowhere else in the kitchen, not on the floor,counters...NO WHERE but the inside of the dishwasher. We can't see anywhere that they would be getting access. If they were coming in from the outside panel wouldn't there be droppings in the kitchen?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today. Have you checked under the dishwasher itself? Have you removed the bottom access panel under the door and checked to see if there's any mouse droppings under the dishwasher itself? If not you need to do that, they could be coming up from under the dishwasher and getting in through the air gap where the door closes, take a flashlight and look under the machine itself and let me know if you see mouse droppings there, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes we have checked under the dishwasher and there are (literally) 2 droppings under there. The only penetration under the dishwasher is for the electric service line. The water and drain come from under the adjacent sink. There are no droppings under the sink thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay if there was any droppings and you say there were literally just 2 then they are getting in under the dishwasher somehow, it's not uncommon to not find a lot of mouse droppings say on your floor in the kitchen, mice tend to travel quickly to open areas and don't hang around a lot so you may not see too much on the kitchen floor itself, the could also be a you hole in the wall itself behind the dishwasher not necessarily near the floor where you can see it, the best advice I can give you is to remove the dishwasher completely and check thoroughly with the dishwasher goes, chances are you're going to find a spot where they are getting in, there really is no other explanation unless like I mentioned above they are just literally running across the floor and then under the dishwasher, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks you've been helpful - I've been "avoiding" pulling the d/w (as you can imagine) but it soiunds like that's the only logical step for me, now. There is no evidence anywhere else in the kitchen of activity, so I suspect I'll find something when I pull it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay, thanks to just no other reason for it has to be a hole somewhere behind the dishwasher they're getting through, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.