Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Kenmore Refrigerator Model # 595.52673200 Ice Maker stopped

Kenmore Refrigerator

Model # XXXXX

Ice Maker stopped filling with water. Just pulled the fridge out, have to replace a compression connector. Water is getting up to the Ice Maker, I see droplets running down the hose and can see water in the clear tube going up from the inlet valve.

Filled water with a paper cup to see if ice maker will make ice manually.

How do you remove the white fitted inlet on the back of the fridge to check the inlet tube for freezing?

If machine makes ice manually, that means no water is coming in what are the next steps to troubleshoot?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you recheck the model # ? its not comming up. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Kenmore Refrigerator Model # XXXXX sorry fat finger hit wrong key!
Okay great, that works, let me look up the model and get some diagrams for you, I'll be back shortly, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX being available online.
Okay I'm sending a diagram the best way to tell if it's frozen is to disconnect line number six on the diagram at the valve in the bottom left-hand corner in the back of the refrigerator when you pull away from the wall, once you have the line disconnected just blow through it and see if it's clear, here's a diagram, if you are able to blow through it is not frozen, let me know when you've done this, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is not frozen, water seeped out of it, there was water at the top at the clip labeled item # XXXXX
Okay this means your secondary water valve has failed, you do get water through the door correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I get water thru the door for the water dispenser. Water is up at the top of the tube where it goes into the freezer at the clip.
When you did the test and blew through the line was is still connected to the top where it goes into the freezer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, I popped the line off the top at the freezer inlet. When I removed it from the valve, water dripped out of it. Like water was getting thru the valve, up the tube to the inlet at the freezer. When I pulled the fridge out, there was water on the wall behind it, like a little had squirted.
Okay I would take the tube off the valve and leave it connected at the top then try to blow through it if you cannot is frozen inside the freezer where the tube drops water into the ice maker itself, if that's the case then take a hairdryer and defrost it until you are able to blow through it this will take care of your problem, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
on the back of the Freezer, do I pop the white plastic inlet thing off?
Which white plastic inlet thing are you talking about, what you want to do is take the line off the bottom at the valve, leave it connected at the top where it goes into the freezer, as you defrost the inside tube which is located at the rear of the freezer and it's kinda clear plastic about three quarters of an inch around and it's the tube the drops the water into the ice maker itself, defrost that with a hair dryer until you able to blow through the back tube and it's clear
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Here is picture of what I am talking about. This is on the back of the fridge, the water line attaches to this via the clip labled # XXXXX on your diagram.

this is the part the that goes through the back of the freezer and feeds the icemaker, this is what the whole thing looks like, so what you need to do is along part of the to that goes into the back of the freezer and feeds the icemaker you need to take the hairdryer and defrost that long to this is most likely where it's frozen it happens quite often just take a hairdryer and blow hot air OnNet to at the very rear of the icemaker itself inside the freezer this should fix your problem once it's defrosted

Edited by Bryan on 1/15/2011 at 4:12 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hairdryer inside or outside the fridge? Got me confused...........

Inside the freezer, just look at the back of the ice maker way in the back of the freezer and you will see the tube, you will see at the back of the ice maker there is a cup that the water drops into and feeds the ice maker itself the tube is right there it will be a white tube.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Got ya, I just looked at it and sorta flexed it back and forth. There is ice in it. LOL Thanks and have a great weekend. Answer me back so I can accept the answer and shoot u some money!
ok, great thanks and good job, Bryan