Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Good morning...my dishwasher is TRYING to start, but the motor

Customer Question

Good morning...my dishwasher is TRYING to start, but the motor is not kicking in, and there is water at the bottom...thanks for your help!

Adele Perry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

this can me a couple of things. 1 you have something jammed in the pump assembly, or 2 the pump motor is bad, what you need to do is take the screws out around the top of the pump assembly under the spray arm and check down inside the pump for something jammed in it, (glass, plastic) and clear that out and try again, there is a help video at this link thats will help if you need to replace the pump assembly, hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There were things clogged in the drain, and I removed them; however, the motor is still not working, although the lights are on and the coils are heating the water.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok did you check the pump assembly itself for any obstructions?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can't get the screws out; what kind of screwdriver do i need?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
they are torx , you can go to Lowe's and pick up a cheap set for around 5-7 dollars, sometimes cheaper. let me know when you are able to get this apart. thanks Bryan