The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.
12112589

my siemens washing machine will not spin at end of cycle

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 3 years ago.

Forry :

Hi and good day to you from David. Your wxl166agb machine may require brushes in the motor. Brushes are a wear and tear item and last for a period of 5-10 years depending on machine usage. When worn out motor action stops or becomes intermittent. To test for this remove the plug from the wall socket and then remove the motor by unbolting from the machine and remove the motor plug. You can now remove the brushes (2) from the motor. There is a brush at each side of the motor. Brushes for your machine cabn be sourced by myself and posted first class to your designated address. Please let me know if you require this service. Please also note that parts supplied can not be returned so correct diagnosis is important. For more help or info please come back to these messages or call David on 07813 047 557. many thanks for using just answer regards David.

Customer :

Thanks for that the only thing is the motor is working, as the rest of the cycle runs its cause. When it is due to spin the fan in the pump drain spins but the drum does not. I had the same problem recently but it was as simple as taking the cap off removing some coins and debris so the fan could spin and off it went. Maybe this problem is as a result of that.

Forry :

Is the pump emtying the water. Often the wash will work but the spin will not, even when the brushes are worn. Maybe still worth checking if pump is draining ok.

Customer :

sorry but it was late last night when i got your reply and my wife assured me the machine done everything apart from final spin. i proceeded this morning to do as you said. pump is draining fine and i could only get one brush out and it seemed fine. about 20 mm long with one edge chamfered slightly. i have put it all back together and put it on a full cycle and the machine fills but the timer goes down and nothing happens the drum does not turn or anything but all the time the machine is making a slight ticking sound as if it is calling the motor to do something but nothing happens do you still think it is brushes or something more serious. thanks

Experience: I have my own business repairing Washing Machines etc etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i never got an answer for my question, here it is again:

Hi from David again. I did reply and it seems to have got lost in the system somehow. Anyway, reviewing your last answer I seem to think it is probably not the brushes and so we will rule them out of the equation. The next part to look at is the pcb (printed circuit board) which you may find has a burn out. These are expensive boards but sometime they are repairable depending how bad the burn out is. Please inspect you pcb and let me know your findings regards David.